1. Basic documents
Original passport with at least six months of remaining validity and with two blank adjacent pages for the visa, a photocopy of the passport's data page and the photo page( if it is separate from the data page).
(2) Online Visa Application and Appointment for Visa Application Submission
All visa applicants (including diplomatic and official passport holders, not including Hong Kong and Macao visa applicants) need to visit http://www.visaforchina.org and fill in the application form online. When completing the applicants need to print and sign the form, and print the Confirmation Page of Online Visa Application.
Visa applicants with ordinary passport should visit http://www.visaforchina.org to make an appointment for submission and bring the printed and signed application form, together with other related documents to the Chinese Visa Application Center. Applicants with diplomatic or official passport or members of important government delegation do not need to make an appointment and can submit the application directly to the Chinese Embassy in Kenya.
A recently-taken colour passport photo (bare-head, full face) against a light background (should be attached when fill in the online application form).
(4) Photocopy of previous Chinese passports or previous Chinese visas (applicable to those who were Chinese citizens and have obtained foreign citizenship).
If you are applying for a Chinese visa for the first time, you should provide your previous Chinese passport and a photocopy of its data page.
If you have obtained Chinese visas ever before and wish to apply for a Chinese visa with a renewed foreign passport that does not contain any Chinese visa, you should present the photocopy of the previous passport's data page and the photo page( if it is separate from the data page), as well as the previous Chinese visa page (If your name on the current passport differs from that on the previous one, you must provide an official document stating the name change).
(1) Applicants who have visited China before(a photocopy of a previous Chinese visa serves as the best proof) must submit an invitation letter from China and a travel itinerary.
The invitation letter must carry the following information:
a) Information of the applicant: name (the same as on passport), gender, date of birth and passport number.
b) Information of the planned visit(s): purpose of the visit(s), planned arrival and departure date, place(s) to visit in China, relationship between the inviting party and the invited, who is going to bear the costs of the trip and stay in china.
c) Information of the inviting party: name of the inviting organization/company, telephone number, address, organization/company seal, signature of the legal representative or the inviting individual.
(2) Applicants who are planning their first trip to China need to submit: a) an Invitation Letter (TE) or Verification Letter of Invitation from China; b) and a travel itinerary.
Invitation Letter(TE) or Verification Letter of Invitation should be obtained through the inviting party in China.
※The Invitation Letter(TE) or Verification Letter of Invitation can be exempted if the following supporting documents, including an invitation letter from the inviting party or a trading partner in China and a travel itinerary, are submitted:
a)Bank statement (account balance not less than 2 million Kenyan shillings) of no less than 6 months certificated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Kenya; and
b) Police clearance certificate certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Kenya; and
c)Tax clearance/tax compliance certificate OR employment proof(e.g. an employment certificate or a reference letter by an legal business representative) OR membership certificate of a business/industry association. It must be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Kenya.
3. Please be noted:
(1) If necessary, the consular officer may require the applicant to provide other supplementary materials, or require an interview.
(2) The consular officer will decide whether or not to issue a visa and decide on the visa validity, duration of stay in China and number of entries based on the specific assessment of each application .