To showcase the China-Kenya cooperation, people-to-people exchanges and friendships stories, the Chinese Embassy in Kenya and the Kenya Union of Journalists (KUJ) have co-organized a China-Kenya Friendship Photography Contest in this August. After 2 rounds of judgments, 28 excellent photos have been standing out of 300 photos participated. Great congratulations on the winners!
16 third prize winners:
1. Absalom Oliacha, Freelancer Photojournalist, Kilimani Street Festival;
2. Jeff Angote from Nation Media Group, Kenya-China Dance;
3. Liao Liang from CGTN Africa, Training for Better Future;
4. Noah Namwamba, self employed, Sharing China’s Experiences;
5. Rodgers Sabana from CGTN Africa, Selfie Besties;
6. Ding Lei from Xinhua News Agency, When Nanjing meets Nairobi;
7. Feng Yiwei from Xinhua News Agency, Transnational Training Passions;
8. Zhang Yue from UN Habitat, Massai Nova;
9. Pang Xiaowei from University of Kenyatta Confucius Institute, Celebration Dragon Boat Festival
10. Moses Kwereba Gathua from Musa Veterinary Clinic, Lang Lang in Kenya;
11. Peter Gikonyo from University of Nairobi Confucius Institute, Kenyan Students in a Culture Expo in Tianjin China;
12. Stephen Ndegwa Mwangi, Freelancer, Running the SGR;
13. Zhou Fengling from STECOL CORPORATION, Love on Tour;
14. Sun Yufen from University of Kenyatta Confucius Institute, One Family;
15. Xu Jing from University of Nairobi Confucius Institute, A Special Student;
16. Chen Xingyu from STECOL CORPORATION, Hand-drawing
8 second prize winners:
1. Jeff Angote from Nation Media Group, Woman Power;
2. Pang Xiaowei from University of Kenyatta Confucius Institute, Our Graduation.
3. Joseph Nguthiru, a student, One Love;
4. Rodgers Sabana from CGTN Africa, Say Cheese;
5. Denish Ochieng from Standard Media Group, Enjoy Lunch;
6. Peter Gikonyo from University of Nairobi Confucius Institute, High Five;
7. Su Shuqi from Huawei, China-Kenya Yoga Tree;
8. Zhang Yue from UN Habitat, Dance with me.
4 first prize winners:
1. Denish Ochieng from Standard Media Group, Big Thumbs Up;
2. Kevin Ochieng, self employed, Chinese Martial Arts;
3. Su Shuqi from Huawei, We Drummers;
4. Medika Medi,self employed, Language Bridges People.
To ensure the contest fair and transparent, we’ve invited 5 judges from both Kenyan and Chinese side. They are, Mr. Jacob Otieno Omollo, head of Photography of the Standard Group. Madam Joan Pereruan, head of Photography of NMG. Mr. Wang Teng, head of Photography, Xinhua News Agency African Branch. Mr. Noel Mwachala, Studio Operator/ Technical Director, CGTN African Branch. Madam Huang Xueqing, Chief of Information and Public Affairs, Chinese Embassy. Thanks for their high professional work which ensure the utmost fairness and high quality of the contest.